Thistle's New 2021 Garden

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
After a disappointing few years with my old vegetable garden I decided to start all over.
The old garden space is set to become a dog yard for the dogs to hang out in when we aren't home in the summer.
It's near the road to keep them amused and bigger than their dog run. Plus they can bark at our neighbors if they get bored ;).

The maple trees I planted many years ago are now large and shade the old garden by two o'clock and their roots are serious competition for the vegetables. Trying to grow there was frustrating.

The new spot will get nearly full sun all day (yay!). We rearranged the property again last summer, so it will occupy the spot we had previously cleared for my round pen.
It means starting over building soil, but that's alright.
I'm getting excited about growing this year!

I guess I don't have a picture of just the garden spot, which right now is hugely unimpressive anyway, but here's one with our good neighbor taking out some puny pines that were in the way. You can see the fenced in area in the background which will be hopefully in full production next summer. The trees behind are on the north side so won't affect the light. Not a big spot, but hopefully a useful one.
1609528931690.jpeg

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just saw this thread. Hope you have a better garden there this year than at your old spot.

Is it the corral where Syringa was? If so, is she now in Luke's place?

Mary
Yes, I hope so too!
It is the area where I worked Syringa in the round pen.
She's in Luke's old area, plus we added a big common turnout area for her and Huck.