Those Days

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
We're you in that residence hall for 15 years?

Steve

for almost half the time i was there, including summers when the RH was empty at times and other times they had programs for high schoolers. getting free room and board was about the only way i got through college and i also worked for them too but they didn't pay much. worked and lived in the same building. no problem getting to work. :) mostly flex-time too, so it went well. when i finally moved off campus most of the time i was in a nearby house, about a 7 minute walk from work. for a year i lived on the other side of the canal. long hike one way, sometimes drove the truck, sometimes hitched a ride and other times walked... mostly up-hill, both ways... :) same guy rented me the place i was in before, except he decided to move out and so i had to pay for the whole place and not just the attic.

the downside of living in the RH was sometimes i had to move rooms twice a year.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is really something! For me, anyway ...
photo, UCal museum
I0006714A.jpg
That is a Yurok Indian in a dugout canoe at Stone Lagoon. Less than 50 years later, it might have been a picture of me there in a similar boat!

It's now been over 50 years since I camped and fished at Stone Lagoon ...

Steve

Latest posts