thyme haircut

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
posted the other day this picture of the thymes first haircut
it filled 4 racks in the excaliber.

now after drying and cleaning this is what came of all of that...

definitely going to expand the herbs next spring.

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Looks great! I know it is disappointing some times when it looks like you have a huge amount. Then you dry it and well...

I bet it will be some of the best tasting thyme you have ever had though. Growing it yourself is the best! Nice job.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
Very nice Major! What kind of thyme is that?
it is common thyme/ english thyme definitely going to grow a few more types next year.

Stubbornhillfarm we kind of figured after drying it was going to be small, but actually it turned out to be more.
and yes you are right taking the top off and a quick sniff the fragrance is out of this world..
we are hoping the oregano will turn out the same.

by the way thank you everyone........

now since we are going to expand the herbs next year do any of you have any recommendations on books to read up on?
looking for really good book<s> on herbs for culinary and health. and also suggestions on a herb seed supplier.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Your thyme looks great Major! I only have two plants and use it so fast I can't get enough to dry. How many plants did you trim?

By the way, how do you like that Corvalus? I'm in the market for a new reel ;)

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
MontyJ said:
Your thyme looks great Major! I only have two plants and use it so fast I can't get enough to dry. How many plants did you trim?

By the way, how do you like that Corvalus? I'm in the market for a new reel ;)
Monty started 6 this spring and they have spread like a weed,
It's now covers 3'x1' thinking about building a cold frame around the bed for the winter.

for the shimano Corvalus reel it is one of the best reels for Catfishing
Or any large gamefish, it has a very smooth cast and the drag is great for the line prefer Berkley big game 30lbs line w/
A 50lbs leader and a 8/0 circle hook,for the pole Shakespeare ugly stick striper 7.6"

Will dig up a few pictures of a few cats that I have caught over the years and how I got my nickname.

Latest posts