Ticks Are Out Of Control

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
No it was really pretty funny especially when he knock it off down by his feet and he start stomping his feet and rubbing his hands up and down his ankles along with my son (12) in the back seat screaming "Kill it, kill it!".

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
OMGOSH, reminds me of when we used to live in town and we were fighting roaches, NOT woodroaches that we have in the country, but the ones that come out at night in your kitchen and freak you out. We discovered after we moved that it is quite common for your NEIGHBOR to bleed you some of theirs and we also had a small shopping center 2 blocks away and that they come up through the sewer system.
ANYway, it's winter, I grab my warm horse feeding clothes from where I hung them on the stairs---I didn't have a mud room, then--and I am driving out to feed my horses when I feel someth!!!ing trying to climb my leg. I find a safe place to pull off and there is a ROACH that was on the inside of my pant leg!!!!&@***
:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie
I get out and since I had long underwear on I ripped off the pants and got it out to DIE in the cold.
I stopped put my feeding clothes there after that and packed them in my truck to change at the stable, thus the beginning of my habitual changing of clothes several times a day.

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:yuckyuck I remember when I was riding with my sister and our kids were in the back seat. All the sudden I was being stung by a red wasp. I yanked off my shirt and bra, screaming in agony while my sister was screaming "Put on your clothes!" I imagine people driving down the road was wondering about that naked woman. The kids all were pretty surprised too.

HomesteaderWife

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I just read some of these stories about bugs and I had to laugh. (Especially yours @lcertuche )

Spiders have been out now instead of ticks, and the dog got horrified by running into a spider web. Pinned her ears back, turned a circle, and "tucked tail" for home (since she doesn't actually have a tail, thus the " " lol)

HomesteaderWife

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@aftermidnight - I agree very much so. Ticks are a major problem! I believe the other advice I read was to save the tick(s) and freeze it? (Correct me if I'm wrong) to take with you.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@aftermidnight - I agree very much so. Ticks are a major problem! I believe the other advice I read was to save the tick(s) and freeze it? (Correct me if I'm wrong) to take with you.

I don't know to be honest but sounds like a good idea, around here I have never heard that mentioned, I've had a tick bite or two but long before the threat of Lyme disease around here. When one of our sons was a baby he had a tick swollen with blood on his scalp, I took him to our doctor to have it removed, didn't want to take any chances. It was many, many, moons ago like 60 years, if I remember the doctor dosed the tick with ether before pulling it out.

Annette