Ticks Are Out Of Control

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
@canesisters - Any tips on what to mix up in essential oils for tick repellent? How to mix it up? We are at our wits end and so fed up. Pulling 20 plus baby ticks off us every day. Tried a lot of different stuff and no luck to keep them off. At this point I wish they made a flea/tick pill for humans uggh.
I use a homemade lotion with Rosemary, Lavender & Citronella in it. It's important to use the 'good stuff' since it's the various constituents of the plants that does the work - not the scent. Cheap oils have synthetic scents.. but won't do any 'work' for you.
I've tried several different companies and Young Living is the best that I've found.
If I've been out in tall grass or places that I would expect chiggers - I mix up a little plantain oil with citronella and use it after I get out of the shower to help chase off any 'tiny livestock' that I might have collected.
Diluted, they're safe to use on dogs too. I've been told it's safe for cats.. but I'm VERY leery of putting anything on them that I know can have powerful effects.

I'll look up the recipe for the lotion..

Latest posts