Tired of Wind Chill

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow! Severe storms right from about, southernist, centralist Wisconsin right up thru Michigan, this morning!

What's trying to follow from the west can't seem to!

What has been in Colorado and Wyoming is spinning back thru Montana right back at us here! Very unusual to have Montana weather coming at us.

Steve

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
The landfill's weather center says it's 92 now and 67%humidity.
ugg - Summer in Va is just starting to get going.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, it is 48 right now at 10:48 in the morning and sprinkling. It has been raining all morning. Tomorrow it will be 67 and then goes up from there with no rain in the 10 day forecast.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rain, rain, rain, all day. I optimistically headed out thinking it would taper off and I could check a few jobs off. Nope. I'm just not willing to get soaked anymore. It was a pretty good day to wander around nurseries and spend other peoples money though. :D That's a different kind of soaking, and doesn't involve mud up to my elbows.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yeaaaaah no break from the rain at all here today, i even picked some lettuce in my raincoat today. :/ i guess i'm just glad it IS rain, its only 40* out right now and its snowing in the mountain passes. Bleck.

I finally motivated and did some preparing of meals for the coming busy weeks of moving. Froze a couple batches of broccoli chicken rice casserole, a couple loaves of blueberry banana bread and stuffed peppers. Also made a salad for my next couple days of work, and did a zillion dirty dishes! :)

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not complaining, but.....

Rained 2 inches this morning and had a river running through the gully. From the color, I expect the neighbor lost what's left of his poor topsoil. Sure hope there is enough to hold the corn.

Pretty nice morning. I got lots of planting done that should have been done much earlier while DH raked the leaves and picked up the branches downed in the last rainfall.

Just past noon the temps reached 90s and drove me inside. Good, I needed the break to get the bills paid.

I haven't mentioned that I am granddog sitting this week. I took them swimming at my BFF neighbor's pond. Ellie is frightened of everything new and barely got her feet wet, but Oengus learned to jump off the pier after his stick. He loves being in the water. My poor little pond is constantly muddy and I can't find my water lilies. I suspect his big paws made shredded leaves out of them as he can't walk past it without jumping in for a cool drink.

Predictions are for more of the same -- rain and wind tonight and 90s tomorrow. Hot, humid, sunny days and hot, humid, windy, thunderstorms at night, all the signs summer is solidly here.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Heat, humidity, wind and thunderstorms! I think I'll take what we had today instead :)!

Folks that actually have rain will probably laugh to hear a comment on daylong rain that amounts to only about 1/4". Yeah. I ran the sprinklers under the trees in the shady corner, this morning. I'm happy I did and if the 5 evergreens within 50' of that garden can be happy, I suppose that they are too.

Maybe the Hemlock, Tamarack and the Ponderosas grew a little today. All this cool is why they are here.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think gardeners should refuse to work when wind chill measurements are half of body temperatures.

:confused:

Additional degrees can be given up for getting wet ... just the way I see it.

Steve

Latest posts