tis the season to get started

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
it's only a couple months away till starting seeds here figured it would be a good time reclaim the table, amazing how 2 years without a garden how things found a home on the table and how things have disappeared since the floor of 2018.

cleaned the table, walls and fixtures, noticed that most of the bulbs are showing their age <darkening at the tips> so sometime in the next couple weeks will pick up 12 new ones..

and of course buy everything that has walked off.
portable heater
clip on fans
programmable timer
etc

the dw has informed me with her finally working a full time job that there will be not a lot of canning going on the year, so order lite on the seeds...
have time to pick and choose whats going to be planted this year..

Attachments

• IMG_1022.JPG
    IMG_1022.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_1024.JPG
    IMG_1024.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 203

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
it's only a couple months away till starting seeds here figured it would be a good time reclaim the table, amazing how 2 years without a garden how things found a home on the table and how things have disappeared since the floor of 2018.

cleaned the table, walls and fixtures, noticed that most of the bulbs are showing their age <darkening at the tips> so sometime in the next couple weeks will pick up 12 new ones..

and of course buy everything that has walked off.
portable heater
clip on fans
programmable timer
etc

the dw has informed me with her finally working a full time job that there will be not a lot of canning going on the year, so order lite on the seeds...
have time to pick and choose whats going to be planted this year..
My Father-in-Law taught me an important lesson about being married more than 6 decades. In his opinion, a real man could (maine state trooper mind you) support any needed function of a household save child bearing and handle the exterior needs as well. When he died, my wife and sister had notebooks of detailed instructions. People are so diverse now, but damn he was a bit of work and I miss him.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You buy compost? What is black kow? Cow poop in a bag? :lol: That must be some good stuff if you only needed 30 bags. Man you need some chickens or some kind of pooping animal to make your own compost.
More like 60. Its composted cow manure. I use it because it is more sterile than my homemade compost, plus this fall all my leaves went into 2 shade gardens where I finally gave up trying to grow grass. And yes we have pooping animals but they must not like gardening because they all hide the poo. Durn cats. They even have the dog hiding it. I am glad there are limits to my willingness to grow organic so it does not matter.

Last edited:

Latest posts