Tomato traits

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
You might try Michigan Heirlooms. http://www.michiganheirlooms.com/
The woman who owns the seed company is Karen Golden. I met her in 2016 at The Appalachian Seed Swap in Pikeville, Kentucky. She says she bags tomato blossoms. She spends a lot of time keeping things genetically pure. A very serious lady about her tomatoes. Check into her site and see what she has.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
:)
F72BBACD-147E-4DE0-869E-4CA235A6C21E.jpeg
Gary O Sena
"A pink-purple line derived from the 'Brandywine' X 'Cherokee Purple' cross. These wonderfully flavored, large, capable of more than 1 lb., fruits have the characteristics and qualities of Cherokee Purple on vigorous, indeterminate, potato leafed plants. Plants set well and produce rather early for such large sized fruits (70-75 days). First fruits have been recorded as early as 68 days."

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mozzarella di bufala?

;)

Funny thing about Garbanzo the Dog. She loves cheese ... but won't eat Colby. LOL Of course, at 7#, she only gets a tiny nibble of any cheese.

Personally, I feel a little committed to Monterey Jack since I was born on the Monterey Peninsula :rolleyes:. Cheddar in the picture ... and I don't really prefer blue corn chips but whatta ya gonna do :).

Oh hey! We used to sell our milk to this outfit: http://www.roguecreamery.com/store/ . It was so long ago, I doubt if there is even a record of it ... the truck would come by and our can of milk would be sitting out for pick up.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
You might try Michigan Heirlooms
It's good to have BlueJay drift out of the Bean thread now and then :). I had sweet corn and Jacob's Cattle beans in my Portuguese kale soup for lunch!

What a cornucopia of varieties she has! So, this lady was at a seed swap but sells and ships only plants? I wonder if that means that she has some seed for sale at her place of business but only in an informal way.

I also wonder if @flowerbug is south of Saginaw, if that means that he isn't far from Highland ...

;) Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's good to have BlueJay drift out of the Bean thread now and then :). I had sweet corn and Jacob's Cattle beans in my Portuguese kale soup for lunch!

What a cornucopia of varieties she has! So, this lady was at a seed swap but sells and ships only plants? I wonder if that means that she has some seed for sale at her place of business but only in an informal way.

I also wonder if @flowerbug is south of Saginaw, if that means that he isn't far from Highland ...

;) Steve

it's ways away from us here, looks about 55 miles if i were
a crow or a bug with bigger wings...

i had my first tomato sandwhich yesterday. we'll see how it
goes. i decided i wanted at least one this year. it was
delicious. nice ripe Beefsteak. also had a few bites of a
Roma, but that doesn't have much flavor in comparison.

Latest posts