Tomatoe and Jalepeno canning recipe?

silkieboxerluv

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Does anyone have one? Tried looking online and couldnt really find what im looking for.

mooman

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I'm also desperate to find a good jalepeno and peperacini (spelling)? pickling recipe. I'd like to be able to produce ones just like you buy in the store. I tried last year and the jalapeno flesh was fine but the seeds were really hard. The pepperacinis on the other hand were mushy. Any comments?

coopy

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
What type of recipe are you looking for that has tomatoes and jalapenos in it. Sauce, diced tomatoes, or what? I put jalapenos in my diced tomatoes and sauce all the time. Not hard at all.

mooman

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Coopy, when you put the jalapenos in the diced toms do you add any vineger? Are we talking pressure canning or just hot water bath. I'd love to add some peppers to my canned toms but was always worried about them being low acid. Got a recipe?

coopy

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
mooman said:
Coopy, when you put the jalapenos in the diced toms do you add any vineger? Are we talking pressure canning or just hot water bath. I'd love to add some peppers to my canned toms but was always worried about them being low acid. Got a recipe?
No I don't add vinegar to the tomato mixture. Water Bath for about 15-20 minutes.
Do you have a Ball Canning Book? You can them the same way as you do diced tomatoes. If you don't have a Ball Canning book check out their site.
You can also put them in tomato sauce and pizza sauce, catsup. All sorts of tomato items.
A quick and easy way to can jalapenos is to slice jalapenos and put them in a jar. Pour hot vinegar over them. Put them in the microwave for about 2 min. or until vinegar boils. Place hot lids and rings on the jar. Wait until jar seals and cools before moving. I do this every year I can jalapenos and have no problem with them.:)

Latest posts