tornado hit my town

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi @baymule ,

Are you ready to update this thread on an hourly basis. Concerned TEG members would like to know ...

Just kidding about hourly ;) and hope you are able to sleep well.

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tornados were out and about yesterday, hitting Rowlett, Tx near Dallas. Lots of damage, news reported 11 dead. We are under tornado watch until 10:00 tonight. Haven't been online today as the satellite internet has not been connecting. Satellite TV has been off/on. It's rained and stormed all day, we got 5" so far. Tornados have been spotted, but no damage.

Water is gushing out of the ground at a gate and has washed a chasm across the gateway. Water is ponding all over the property, washing streams down the slope.

Our animals have stayed under shelter all day, coming out during lulls in the pounding rain. I've made several sorties out in the lulls too, just checking on things. One bright spot, the water washed one of those %^&$% moles out of the ground and our dog Parker killed it. I made him leave it outside......

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Another tornado east of Longview, about an hour from us. The news man is warning people to get in a windowless room in their house.

Our week day weather man has even come in on a Sunday to help the weekend weather man to report the weather. They break into regular programming to report tornado watches and show the path the tornado is taking. We have sat up nearly all night before, glued to the TV weather reports.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Van Zandt county has issued a do not travel warning for the county because of flooding. We are 5 miles from the county line..... and MORE RAIN coming tonight! :tongue

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lots of bad weather all over the country these last few days. Our news said 7 people in Missouri and 5 in Illinois have drowned in flood waters last night. And more rain tonight and tomorrow.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
There seem to be extremes. We aren't having an extreme winter but ... we will see! If we have lots of snow after severe drought, that will be extreme without leaving home!

It's all tied together. When the rest of the country had that recent drought, we had interminable clouds and cool weather! Plants could hardly get started growing that year.

Record drought on one side of the continent, record rainfall on the other ... I'm happy with normalcy and I'm joined in that by our native flora and fauna. Thank you.

Steve

Latest posts