tornado hit my town

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We wound up with 6 1/2" of rain! Many roads were closed due to flooding. The weatherman had been warning of bad weather, so we were ready and just stayed home.

We managed to save most of the barn dirt with our makeshift preparations. There is some washout, but when it dries up we can scoop it up with the tractor. The line of cinder blocks we put across the back held and helped keep the dirt in place. The horses stayed in the thickest part of the woods during the storm, I'll be so glad to get their barn up! Funny, they hang out in their barn, now. It's as if they know that a barn is going up and they are enjoying it already, even if it is only poles at this point. Once the roof goes up and some walls in place, that ought to stop a lot of the problems.

Before the storm, DH "fixed" the driveway with the tractor. I just kept quiet even though I foresaw the problems he was creating. Sure enough, his "fix-it" only created even more run off. Sigh.

It is cold, windy, damp and yukky outside. We are vegetating and doing nothing. Day 2 of nothingness. I am kinda enjoying it, but I won't do this for very long. I suit up and go stomp around outside, even yesterday in the storm. The brand new parka we bought for me the Saturday after Thanksgiving has a broken zipper. It is stuck about half way down and I now have to pull it over my head. We need to go exchange it, but just can't get motivated to go fight the holiday traffic. Maybe in a few days...

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Been watching the weather reports and thinking about you, Bay. Glad to hear you are safe! So sad for those families who lost loved ones at Christmas. :(

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now other states are getting hammered by storms, snow and floods. We are blessed, pray for others not so fortunate.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
What is it with new zippers they just don't last anymore!! Glade your ok
Bay, I just had occasion to fix one of DH's zippers. There's a great U-tube video showing how and it was a (relatively) easy fix. I qualified the difficulty level not because it was hard, but because it involved a very tiny, itsy-bitsy zipper tooth that fell and became one with the carpeting three times before I got up for my glasses.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
But this is a brand new coat! It shouldn't be falling apart already. The zipper on the chest pocket won't zip either. I really need to go to Tyler and get it exchanged....

Latest posts