tornado hit my town

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lindale, Texas made national news. A subdivision in town got hit by tornados yesterday afternoon. Over 50 homes damaged, no deaths reported. Torrential rains soaked everything, creeks mad torrents, out of banks. Our 5" rain gauge was over flowed this morning. Still raining. Ponds over flowed. We are OK. New roof on new porch leaking. This is a good test for it. On phone, satellite internet off.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
:hugsGlad you are ok. But sad to know your new roof is leaking. All that time and money put into it just to know it leaks.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Glad you are ok and you didn't have more serious damage. The leak can be fixed fairy easily. Sure wish we had some of your rain. The couple days that it has rained here, it's been only about 1/4 inch.

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I started to click "Like."

Let me just say that I like you not having more problems than a leaking porch roof. Wow! Derailed a train!

We have had something of a rainy December, which is good. With so very many people with damaged roofs, it's bad.

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Glad that twister missed you Bay. Sorry about all the damaged homes in your town.

(I'm wondering if you really took refuge under your new porch when the tornado alerts went out? )

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We didn't know anything about a tornado until we watched the local evening news. Then we watched our town on Good Morning America this morning. We feel sorry for all the people with damaged homes, with all that rain on top of the damage.

We were going to go to church this morning to watch DSIL in a play, our DD was sick, so I went to their house to keep the baby so she could sleep and rest. One of the county roads near our house was under water, but only a little. I could see the pavement, so I drove through it. I came home a different way and there were no roads underwater, but pastures and fields were flooded.

After I left this morning, the contractor came over to look at the leaks. Said no problem, he'll fix it. It is where the new roof joins the existing roof. I half expected it. Really wanted a metal roof, but it was $$$$$$$$$$!!!!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
:hugs Glad to hear you are safe. I'm sure the roof leak will be fixed. He sounded like a pretty conscientious contractor.

Edited to correct misspelled conscientious. Dratted computer took me off on a side trip through definitions pages instead of simply correcting the misspelled word as I had expected.

Last edited:

Latest posts