Tree with white flowers

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
So, my friend bought this beautiful house (that was a forclosure) and it's a designated wildlife habitat. She has this BEAUTIFUL tree in her back yard, but she has no idea what it is. At first I thought it was a lilac, and if it was I was going to steal some of it because it smells Heavenly, but I don't think it is any more. The leaves and the individual flowers just don't look right.

I had her send me a picture of it, and I asked her to send me another picture of the whole tree and I'll post that when I get it. I was thinking that I might put one of these in at my house if I could find out what it was! What do you guys think?

imagejpeg_2_9.jpg

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are you sure it's not a vine?
nachoqtpie said:
So, my friend bought this beautiful house (that was a forclosure) and it's a designated wildlife habitat. She has this BEAUTIFUL tree in her back yard, but she has no idea what it is. At first I thought it was a lilac, and if it was I was going to steal some of it because it smells Heavenly, but I don't think it is any more. The leaves and the individual flowers just don't look right.

I had her send me a picture of it, and I asked her to send me another picture of the whole tree and I'll post that when I get it. I was thinking that I might put one of these in at my house if I could find out what it was! What do you guys think?

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb215/nachoqtpie/imagejpeg_2_9.jpg

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
nachoqtpie said:

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb215/nachoqtpie/imagejpeg_2_9.jpg
Virgin Bower?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I don't think its a Laurel, those are more cup style flowers.

It may well be a white lilac shrub, there are a couple of varieties. You'd have to search by the leaves to figure out which one.

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I dunno.... I've never seen a lilac with the stigma and antlers like that before.

If it is indeed a lilac... I'm taking some cuttings from her... LOL

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It didn't quite smell like a lilac either, but it was a very nice aroma. Very sweet. It was almost like honeysuckle... but not quite. I KNOW it's not a honeysuckle.

chris09

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
See if it gets a Blue/Black "fruit"/seed pod on it if so, I would say then its a Loral/ Bay Loral tree.

Chris