Trip Got Snake Bit

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We slept until 7:00!! What woke me up was Beaux boofing at us to let him out. Trip came walking slowly to me, then trotted the last few steps, smiling and waving his tail. His leg is still swollen, still hurts, but is much better. I gave him another round of medicine at 11 last night and at 7 this morning. I'll be canning today, so he can hang out and sleep all day. Finally found the bite mark, it is on the inside of his upper forearm, almost to his chest.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Copperhead venom is very weak. They don't use anti venom for bite unless person allergic. Rattlesnake and cotton mouth venom much stronger and will kill a person without anti venom. Country house was snake filled I did a lot of research on snake bite.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We left for a little while this afternoon, when we got back, Trip came in and crashed on the floor. We went outside to do stuff, he refused to come. He finally went back out around 6, husband just called "the boys" in and Trip came running. Leg is still swollen, but has gone down a lot.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today Trip is almost back to his old self. Still slightly swollen, but he is running and acting like it doesn't hurt any more. He is laying in the floor, but because it is RAINING and he doesn't like it. LOL