Trip Home

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just bought a weeping cherry. There where 6 trees in pink the color I wanted. I went over all 6 and picked out the one with best forum. I put it in my suv and came home. Had some trouble getting it out. I broke off 3 branches getting it out!! How do you bring over 4 foot trees home?

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
get a friend with a pick-up to help you, amazing how many friends you have when theres a free lunch .

sorry to hear you broke a couple branches it's like hurting a new friend.....

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have a pick up truck and only live a 1/4 mile from Home Depot. I couldn't resist one of their sale trees one year (a sycamore). It didn't seem all that tall in the garden center... I had Dh sit in the back of the pick up with the tree standing up. He was yelling at me to slow down (I swear I was only going 5mph!) and the tree was touching the wires that crossed the road. More good times in the garden!! It is best that I don't do any kind of shopping with the truck. I can get into big trouble at an auction, just driving a VW bug... Don't worry your tree will forgive you! I love weeping cherries!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lesa I just blew coffee all over my screen after reading your post. I have a very strange picture in my head of you and your hubby on the drive home!!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I always thought the ElCamino was the greatest invention! A car and a truck. Really perfect for the gardener... I would like to have a small pickup. The one Dh has is gigantic and used for snow plowing. If I put something in the bed, I can't reach over the side to get it.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
You need a girlie truck like mine Lesa! Perfect size for one person, or me and a large son who complains that he won't be able to unfold himself when we get to the job :D . But he's young and all his joints still function so he always manages to spring upright.

We can really get a lot in the bed of that little thing. In fact, last year when my truck was in the shop and I rented a full size truck the bed on the big one was actually a tad shorter, and just a hair wider. But I know what you mean, I couldn't reach over the side, had to drop the tailgate and clamber in. :/

Not real comfortable for road trips, although we've done plenty of those in it.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
See, that's what I'm talking about! A girlie truck! It just doesn't make sense to have 2 trucks... but if we win the lottery, for sure! The clambering up part is none too easy! I practically need a step stool to get in the darn thing. Oh well, what is life without a little challenge?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ugh! Getting older is so cruel! I used to be able to swing up over the side of my big truck no problem. And then stand on the side rail and jump down. Yikes...makes my knees hurt just thinking about it these days. :(

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
My short, chubby, nearly 88 year old mother has a younger friend who drives one of those honkin big trucks. When Mom goes with her friend in the truck, well, she has a terrible time trying to get up in it. Once she had to have a total stranger (man) give her a butt boost up into the truck. I would like to have had a photo of that. :D

Latest posts