Trip Home

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some of those huge zillion dollar 28 cylinder trucks...psshhh!

Need an ELEVATOR to get in.

First floor, spinning rim seating and storage.
Second floor, the step
Third floor, bottom of cab
Fourth floor, main seating compartment!

Add another elevator at the tailgate!

Why in heck so they make these things??? Ever try to load trees and shrubs into one?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
:) ... suddenly I'm not looking at my little hand-me-down s-10 with quite as much distain

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
Ugh! Getting older is so cruel! I used to be able to swing up over the side of my big truck no problem. And then stand on the side rail and jump down. Yikes...makes my knees hurt just thinking about it these days. :(
Also works the other way too! when I was 17 I had a tiny Corvair and loved how small it was. At 46 I bought another corvair, hate driving it .I feel like I am sitting on the ground. Getting in and out is not as easy as it was at 17. Anyone want to trade a corvair for a el camino ?

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
The Ford Ranchero had Positraction rear end, true 2 wheel drive... El Camino, I don't think it did, plus that Ranchero 200 cubic inch straight 6 lasts forever.

But, there's nothing like a little old quarter ton, little 4 cylinder, manual transmission, bench seated, something from the 1960's, datsun, keep it running :p

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
so lucky said:
My short, chubby, nearly 88 year old mother has a younger friend who drives one of those honkin big trucks. When Mom goes with her friend in the truck, well, she has a terrible time trying to get up in it. Once she had to have a total stranger (man) give her a butt boost up into the truck. I would like to have had a photo of that. :D
Ha! That's cute So Lucky! I got a visual of my mom climbing in my brothers truck.....:lol:

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I keep telling dh he needs to install an elevator in his truck.
weeping cherry. that sounds so beautiful. I have a weeping yaupon, does that count? :)

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Those S10s are not bad on gas at all. Lesa go look for a Subaru Baja . It was like their version of the El Camino. I used to have a Ford Ranger. I put all sorts of stuff in the back of that. When my parents were remodeling I hauled a load to the dump. Used the counters and some flooring material around the bed of the truck and piled that truck up heaping full.

Got up there and drove on the scale. The guy who ran the scales (they charge you by the lbs they weigh you in and back out) actually got out of his little shack and walked around the truck in disbelief at how much that Ranger held. That truck was actually used like a truck. My brother had and F150 and I hated him for it because the heaviest thing he put in that truck was a guitar case. I actually used my truck AS a truck not some compensating insecurity vehicle.

I used my mini van to haul all sorts of stuff and now I've got a Jetta wagon. After this wagon I'm sure Ill get another mini van but I'd KILL for a 4 full door pickup truck. The F250 crew cab would be nice. ;)

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
That Subaru is great- I remember liking them when I saw them on the road. Just so practical not to have a height restriction. I have a Kia Soul- and I can fit a lot in there, but a truck it is not! I always laugh when I see someone who uses their truck for "dress up". Can't put anything in there, because the bed will get scratched! I have a covered trailer on my wish list, too. For carting around my "antique" business stuff. The truck is not the greatest for that, because of rain and snow considerations...

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My Durango can haul quite a bit inside. For larger jobs, my buddy has a small pick-up. I call him and we usually do what needs done, then spend the rest of the day drinking beer :lol: For really big jobs, like hauling demolition junk to the dump or bringing in building materials, I hook the trailer to the Durango. I found that Dodge sitting in a driveway with $500 soaped on the windshield in faded letters. It was sitting on 2 flat tires, had rotted brake lines and wouldn't go into drive. So, I bought it :p I put two tires on it, replaced all of the brake lines, rebuilt the rear brakes, and put a transfer case in it from the junk yard. All told I have about $850 in it. It's got the 360 engine, complete towing package and the 4wd has full time, part time and low range. I knew what it was worth as soon as I saw it. The previous owner sees me in town now and then and still can't believe I got it running as fast as I did. He said it sat in his driveway for over a year and nobody wanted it. I told DW it was destiny :lol: As soon as it was running, she slapped her dolphin license plate on the front and proclaimed it hers :rolleyes:

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I bought a trailer at tractor supply was over $600. By the time I got it home a little over 3 miles the weilds holding floor down came undone. I turned around and went right back, said to manager it broke empty , don't even try too give me another, want my money back.