Trouble posting pics

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
So Lucky, love your Spanish Flag!

That Christmas Cactus looks nice too Carol! If you use it as your avatar I would hold off until full bloom and take another picture.

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
If I'm right that's what your pretty looking flower is, I'm sure that there are alternative names...

upload_2013-12-18_19-3-29.png

I always remember them because of how the flower buds in the center of the floret are kind of square-shaped. They have many different colors.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Spanish Flag, (AKA) Firecracker Vine (AKA) Ipomoea lobata is a vine related to morning glories and has a trumpet-like flower.

The flower in your picture is of a Lantana as is the photo So Lucky posted. Lantana is a genus of about 150 species of perennials in the Verbena family. Its aromatic flower clusters (called umbels) are a mix of red, orange, yellow, or other colored florets that typically change color as they mature on a mounding plant that grows 3 feet tall and 3 feet wide.

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks for the extra tidbit of information, Smart Red. Must have mixed something that I read somewhere up. :/

Although why did the Lantana come up as a result when I googled "pictures of Spanish Flag flowers?" Kind of confused myself now.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Perhaps there is a variety of Lantana named Spanish Flag. I googled Spanish Flag plants and you googled pictures of Spanish Flag flowers. It could be we are both correct in the name if not the genus.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've noticed that sometimes when I google an image there will be other images included that are close, but not the specific thing I was looking for.

Latest posts