Trumpet vine

Dilly Girl

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Happy to report that the trumpet Vine cuttings I took a month ago and transplanted have taken and doing great. For about three weeks they looked dead, but I read where it takes about this long for them to go out of shock and do their thing. Which they are.:D

Cannot wait to see them take over the area of fence I have them planted by.

Dilly

ams3651

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I know it was in a previous post but just a reminder to plant them in an area that they can take over...because they will, if theres something to climb they will grow up and fast! Im still trying to get rid of them at the end of my house, they are even under the siding.

Dixiedoodle

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I find it funny, that people actually purchase Trumpet vine, Passion plant, Morning Glory seeds and Cross vine! The Trumpet Vines are growing wild thru my woods, up the pines. The Passion plants (what we in the south call May=pops) have taken over the pasture and half my yard. Morning Glories are a invasive weed in my garden and fields. The Cross Vine is choking the Crepe Myrtles to death as we speak/type!

Dilly Girl

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
ams3651 said:
I know it was in a previous post but just a reminder to plant them in an area that they can take over...because they will, if theres something to climb they will grow up and fast! Im still trying to get rid of them at the end of my house, they are even under the siding.
Yep that is just what I wanted them for. I planted them along the fence in the woods behind one of the barns. I want it to travel up the fence and wouldn't mind if it spread int he trees. A little color over that direction will be nice. I have a neighbor that has it beside her home and they are constantly whacking away at it. I think that only inspires it to GOOOOOOOO..

Thanks
Dilly

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a quaint, crooked little garage that I intend to sell vegetables and fruit from....like the idea of it being "over run" with something pretty to add to the "cuteness" factor. I even planted morning glories and pole beans to run up the sides!