Turmeric roots available soon.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've been meaning to try the Golden Milk or also as a tea. Here's a recipe I'd found for Golden Paste to make up ahead of time, that can be used in a variety of ways, including as a drink. Keeps in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. The black pepper and coconut oil (or any fat/oil) are also supposed to help the body absorb it better. Black pepper is also an ingredient in chai tea, and the taste is not bad at all.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
No I'm saying: Tumeric is a Safer Blood Thiner.
Hmmmm ! Not as simple as one would immagine. When one considers the fact that each crop and location where it is grown, conditions of growing , harvesting , processing and then their effect in variations of concentrations of active ingrediants in each dose of tumeric . One could get too little, too much, or just right of the active chemical ... then if and when one is faced with a surgery or tooth extraction, one could face a wait time of 3 +/- weeks to stabilize the INR before any doctor would perform a proceedure. Last year, even with warfarin, I had to wait 3 weeks , watch what I ate , monitor medications, and 4 weekly blood tests BEFORE I could have a kidney stone removed. :caf

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
At 92 my grandmother tripped while shopping at a store. She was rushed to ER where told her hip was broken and need surgery. A hour before surgery time my mother pointed out to her Doctor she was on coumadin. None of the doctors picked up on before ordering surgery!!

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Warfarin has a yo yo effect. It tends to wear off and then peak again a few hours after taking another dose. Turmeric, provided you get enough, helps your body maintain the right level, along with all the other benefits. Warfarin is the most common poison seen in emergency rooms. I never heard of anyone being poisoned by turmeric.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Turmeric seems to have so many health benefits. I have had turmeric tea. I used to add milk and more spice to it. But I think the turmeric paste would be more convenient. I'll have to try that.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Seasonal die back of my turmeric clump was delayed by the hot weather but it's almost complete now. those who asked for a start will be receiving it soon.