TWO PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
Ladyhawke1 said:
Isnt it funny the subjects that I post are never discussed? However, the one who is posting the information always seems to receive the attacks. The choices are always YOURS. You can read the information or not. You can read the information and ignore it. You can read the information and store it. You can believe it or not. That is always up to you. However, please allow others to at least benefit from the information. When you insult me, I will insult you back it is that simple.

He says, you have to study and learn so that you can make up your own mind about history and everything else but you cant make up an empty mind. Stock your mind, stock your mind. You might be poor, your shoes might be broken, but your mind is a palace.

Theres no use saying anything in the schoolyard because theres always someone with an answer and theres nothing you can do but punch them in the nose and if you were to punch everyone who has an answer youd be punching morning noon and night.
― Frank McCourt, Angela's Ashes
Why are you so sensitive? It's not as if you ever come to this forum with a comment on somebody elses posts. You post with an attitude and when people don't respond in a manner suitable to you, you get your quote book out and put them in their place.

Lighten up Ladyhawke1. I see people respond politely to your posts. In fact I see them as going out of their way to placate you when you actually post something that is your own idea, and not a link.
Wow! You have a strange idea of what is polite. Oh...oh... right right...right. I am just one of those uppity females who should just remain silent in the presence such greatness.

I think everyone has a right to speak their piece but when it get personal dearieI wont be quiet and just slink away. I respect others if they respect me. I do not have time to lighten-up.

As far as I am concerned there I no right or wrong way to do anything or that it is MY WAY or the highway. Diversity is a gift and that is how this world has sustained its self through the eons. Nothing remains the same and it never will.

When one perceives danger you try to warn others. I believe people need information so that they can make better choices. Sometime that information bothers others and they do not want to hear anything that they feel is just too disturbing or too ridicules in what they understand of the world.

My ex-father-in-law was that way. We once went fishing in area below the mountains near us. I was off on another part of the trout stream and I ran into some people who were leaving. They told me a Ranger had warned them to leave the area immediately because they were expecting flash flooding and it was expected that the road would be washed out and there would be no other safe way to get out. Of course the weather was all sun shinny down where we were. I got back as fast as I could to warn my husband and father-in-law, and the others.

Of course the old man being the grand patriarch of the family he knew everything and he laughed at me and said I did not know what I was talking about and of course my husband never said a word. I was just a mere woman. So I was ignored.

YA shoulda seen dah look on de old man's face when we reached the crossing where the road should have been. Where we had just crossed a an hour or so earlier, there was now a two hundred foot stretch of rushing white water rapids with trees bouncing about everywhere.

In his genius, the old man then took us by a very scary back road home, you know, the kind of a road that only a tank should use. I thought we were going to lose our lives. It was totally worth the head bumps against the car roof to find out later that his brand new car had bottomed out he had to replace some of the undercarriage and engine. I will never stop laughing over that one. Hee..hee. :throw

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
Let's keep topics friendly and make sure if we have disagreements, that we do so in a civil and respectful manner. If you have an issue with another member or believe their posts are causing problems, please either:

1) Avoid their topics / posts
2) Report their posts
3) Contact them via Private Message

Please keep all personal disputes and issues private and off of the public forum.

We appreciate all our members that follow these guidelines and avoid contention and direct public attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts