Use Ginger and/or Turmeric? Grow it?

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
I used to have a turmeric, honey, and black pepper tea base that I would drink religiously in the winter to clear my sinuses when I got sniffly. Mixed it all together in a little jar, and would add a spoon of it to a cup of hot water a few times a day with a squeeze of lemon. I'm not sure it actually did anything health wise, but it sure was tasty.

Rhodie, I started a ginger root I bought at the store that had a pair of living buds on it way back in late october. It finally broke the surface of the soil Christmas week, and now it is starting to get leaves. Don't give up on yours!

Hi, Maybe you can say how you make that tea ```

Prairie Rose

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi, Maybe you can say how you make that tea ```

Took me a while to find it again, but here you go:

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
We're trying to incorporate more turmeric into our cooking and we also like the golden turmeric milk. I grew some this year which @hoodat gave me in two 6 gallon pots. It was very easy to grow. I'll be digging it up here soon. It got really tall, so I'm hoping it did well.
[/QUOTE]
10 Benefits of Golden (Turmeric) Milk.
  • Key Ingredients Are Loaded With Antioxidants. ...
  • May Help Reduce Inflammation and Joint Pain. ...
  • May Improve Memory and Brain Function. ...
  • Curcumin in Turmeric May Improve Mood. ...
  • May Protect Against Heart Disease. ...
  • May Lower Blood Sugar Levels. ...
  • May Reduce Your Risk of Cancer. ...
  • Has Antibacterial, Antiviral and Anti fungal Properties.
Better start growing and making that milk now.. :D:D:D

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
“If you want anti-inflammatory effects you need to get 500 to 1,000 milligrams of curcuminoids per day.” When using the spice on its own, the common rule of thumb is that there are 200 milligrams of curcumin in one teaspoon of fresh or ground turmeric (though it varies a bit depending on the source and origins) - This Information is very useful for me.

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
We're trying to incorporate more turmeric into our cooking and we also like the golden turmeric milk. I grew some this year which @hoodat gave me in two 6 gallon pots. It was very easy to grow. I'll be digging it up here soon. It got really tall, so I'm hoping it did well.
Turmeric is so great for adding to salad dressings, curries, for sprinkling on veggies before roasting,” explains Glassman. For a traditional dish with the spice, try these grilled chicken breasts served alongside curry rice, or this crispy-bottomed yellow rice. A must try

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
What foods taste best with turmeric?
“Turmeric is so great for adding to salad dressings, curries, for sprinkling on veggies before roasting,” explains Glassman. For a traditional dish with the spice, try these grilled chicken breasts served alongside curry rice, or this crispy-bottomed yellow rice

Latest posts