Vandal Proof mailbox?

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Troy, NY claims to be the home of Uncle Sam, who is buried by our house. This summer my son was involved in a project where several local artists were given a statue of Uncle Sam to decorate. The idea was that the statues were to be placed around the town to foster civic pride. The statues were valued at $3,000 each when completed. I know John spent untold hours working on his statue, and I kept telling him the vandals would be at them within a week. I felt like an undertaker, as each time the statue had to be moved I had to transport it, wrapped like a mummy, in the back of my black capped truck. When finished, Ava did not want to part with it. Within a week a vandal began knocking the heads off statues. Each week another was vandalized until the city decided to remove them. I believe a total of six were destroyed. A video camera caught the vandal carrying a bag with a head and it was on TV and in the papers. In spite of that, no one came forward and identified this creep. I can not believe his parents did not recognize their son. This person probably resented the people who had the talent to be involved in the project. He does not appear disadvantaged to me.
jackb

Last edited:

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Messing with mailboxes is a federal offence, isn't it? Set up a camera and send them to jail.

Or buy this?
00x0x_5PEuYRpOMoM_600x450.jpg

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/grd/4228963801.html

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
In spite of the excuses used to explain peoples bad behavior it comes down to one simple fact: you can do right or you can do wrong. I always told my kids "when in doubt, choose right".

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Messing with mailboxes is a federal offence, isn't it? Set up a camera and send them to jail.

Or buy this?
00x0x_5PEuYRpOMoM_600x450.jpg

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/grd/4228963801.html
You would not believe what a quarter stick of explosives would do to that box. Mine was blown completely off the post and looked like it was hit by a tank. They also threw a Molotov cocktail on the road and the road was burning. I called the State Police and the only thing the guy said was: No $%$%!

jackb

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Open Season On Vandals

1. Vandals are legal to shoot all year around.
2. Vandals will clog up the prisons, so better to shoot them.
3. Vandals kidnap and eat babies.
4. Vandals pee in your flowerbeds (and you thought it was the cat :) )
5. Vandals can't read so they bash mailboxes.
6. Vandals steal and destroy.
7. Vandals have green teeth, freckles, wiry hair and wear togas.
8. Vandals taste just like chicken........so start hunting and good luck!!!

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
You all seriously need to either take action or quit crying.

In WI, "Mailboxes are protected by federal law, and crimes against them and the mail they contain are considered a federal offense. Violators can be fined up to $250,000 or imprisoned for up to three years for each act of vandalism."

So get a cheap game camera, catch them in the act, send them to jail!

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/raddocs/tipvandl.htm

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
You all seriously need to either take action or quit crying.

In WI, "Mailboxes are protected by federal law, and crimes against them and the mail they contain are considered a federal offense. Violators can be fined up to $250,000 or imprisoned for up to three years for each act of vandalism."

So get a cheap game camera, catch them in the act, send them to jail!

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/raddocs/tipvandl.htm

"You all seriously need to either take action or quit crying"........ well said secuono
as i said earlier get a po box the mail is delivered mon-sat the counter is open mon-fri 8am-12pm 1pm-5pm sat 8am-12pm <most areas>closed sunday the po box area is open 7-24.

here's something that has intrigued me ever since this thread started,if you have a second home and only there on the weekends or for week why would you have mail going there anyway????
if you are expecting a package of live lobsters or what not on saturday best you have it send fedex or ups at least they will deliver to your home in a timely manor
usps is a crap shoot....

Last edited:

Latest posts