Vanilla Extract...

chris09

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I made some about a yer or so ago out of Vodka but I'm going to try making some with shine here soon.
There is a product that just came out this year called Goodtime Moonshine it's 90 proof and I am going to give it a try.
http://goodtimemoonshine.net/

Chris

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
If Everclear is legal in your state you might try it. It has the highest alcohol content of anything you can buy over the counter. That's why it isn't legal in some states. In essence it's medicinal grade alcohol.

Mattemma

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
What type of bean did you use? I was looking online once for a syrian pepper and I looked at the variety of vanilla beans sold.Thought I might buy a bit of each to try.

BetterHensandGardens

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Mattemma said:
What type of bean did you use? I was looking online once for a syrian pepper and I looked at the variety of vanilla beans sold.Thought I might buy a bit of each to try.
I used the Madagascar beans, they're supposed to be superior for making vanilla extract. I referenced a bulk supplier in the post link above, I believe it was Beanilla for bulk buying of vanilla beans. Not sure if it's the best place to buy the beans but you might want to check it out. :)

Chickie2378

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I never knew how to make vanilla extract.
Very intersting and easy. thanks

jennh

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
The rum I used was 151 proof.

hoodat said:
If Everclear is legal in your state you might try it. It has the highest alcohol content of anything you can buy over the counter. That's why it isn't legal in some states. In essence it's medicinal grade alcohol.

Latest posts