Vertical Garden for the Vertically-challenged ;)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, I think a passive system like that may work for something like this. I'm thinking that the drainage holes in the pots could serve as "intake" holes for water and pvc pipes could lay right across the rows of pots.

When I worked at the greenhouses (back in the Pleistocene) we had a "propagation chamber." It was a mist system but the bench that was a part of it was the same as for an ebb & flow system. An ebb & flow system is about as low tech an automated set-up as you can get.

It wouldn't work for this vertical garden just as self-watering pots wouldn't work because the pot is not vertical . . . well, maybe it would, sort of work. I mean, the pots might still be set in gutters.

I better stop "thinking out loud" and get busy with what I've got. Still, this crummy board fence I built 15 years ago here on the west side will have to go someday! The aesthetics of it are just slightly above standing pallets on end - blech! Maybe I could replace it with something like what is in that picture. Wow!

Steve :)