vertigo

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
while on vacation the other week came down with a inner ear infection, which gave me vertigo first time i have had it. omg what a feeling did fine as long as i was standing or sitting up. but once i layed down and moved or tried to get up thought the world was coming to a end.
what a nauseating feeling, everything would spin. finally getting over it......

if you have never had it the best way to explain it is like you have drank way to much booze and get the spins without the booze.

it's the most uncomfortable feeling i have had..... today is the first day not spinning getting out of bed....

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
while on vacation the other week came down with a inner ear infection, which gave me vertigo first time i have had it. omg what a feeling did fine as long as i was standing or sitting up. but once i layed down and moved or tried to get up thought the world was coming to a end.
what a nauseating feeling, everything would spin. finally getting over it......

if you have never had it the best way to explain it is like you have drank way to much booze and get the spins without the booze.

it's the most uncomfortable feeling i have had..... today is the first day not spinning getting out of bed....

i've been dealing with it for years. yes, horrible, considering how easy i get sick from motion sickness this has at times made life very fun.

if you are ever doing anything to rinse out your ears make sure whatever fluids you are using are as close to body temperature as possible the temperature difference can set off this too.

it makes driving a lot of fun when you can't easily look over your shoulder or turn your head quickly.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@flowerbug, have you ever tried the Epley Maneuver to help with the vertigo? Google it, there are several videos on how to do it at home. (Essentially, the little rocks in your head are rattling around)

i read about that before but haven't needed it as i've not been too bad since i quit messing around with my ears all the time. i had to figure out what was causing problems first, but now i seem to be doing ok this past year or so. major may need to give it a try.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@flowerbug, have you ever tried the Epley Maneuver to help with the vertigo? Google it, there are several videos on how to do it at home. (Essentially, the little rocks in your head are rattling around)
It is a life saver, I do the Epley maneuver as soon as I get the 1st indication the vertigo has returned.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@majorcatfish it is NOT fun. I have it on an off for years now :( I will do anything to avoid starting it. Carnival rides...never.
it had been several years since I had a bad episode ( with cold sweats and vomiting) TMI ;) Then a few nights ago I just rolled over in bed an OMG not again :( Seems to be gone already YEAH. When I would get it I could not drive bus as just a little tilting head back to look in rearview mirror could set it off. UGH. I hope it is gone already. IF not see Dr. to help teach you the maneuver or do it for you!

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
did get a little lite headed going around a exit ramp today.....but for the most part it's gone.
the epley maneuver is interesting, pretty close to what i found to help by putting my cheek onto my shoulder looking down with my eyes closed. left then right it stopped all that spinning....

sucks getting old....

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have been dealing with it for over a year now...thanks to peri-menopause. Not fun..especially when it pops up while driving.
I will need to look into the Epley maneuver. Never heard of it.

Latest posts