Cricket

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Well played mother nature!!
FB_IMG_1619040070794.jpg

Cricket

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I have pics like that from previous years. Here it happens in May.
That is crazy!!! I feel like we barely get it in the winter anymore ( definitely not like when I was young ) so this is just crazy lol!!!

It's gotta be stressful trying to get stuff planted!!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
we got a pretty hard frost here last night, it is still too early to plant most warmer weather crops for us until towards the end of May.

with the overnight temperatures still predicted to be near frost zone for the next four days i'm not putting peas in until i see a string of more rain and warmer temperatures in the forecast. yes, i know they can take some cold, but i want these peas to make it for sure since i don't have a lot of seeds and i really want to increase those and still have enough to eat too.

Cricket

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
We got a frost last night but the soil was so warm it didn’t even really last until sun up. Despite the frost the soil is still warm enough to start planting today.
That's awesome!!! Glad this crazy weather isn't getting in the way!!!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday morning (at 9AM) there was ice in the hose from a 30° overnight low.

This morning, the low temperature was 45°. No clouds in the sky to the West, where the moon was shining brightly. Next to no wind ... However, this was the first morning above 40° for 2021!

I'm having a hard time figuring out this weather but there is rain in the forecast for the weekend. I'm sorry for those wanting to have something going outdoors but, Good Heavens, we need the rain! (Only 2" of water so far this year, and less than 1/10th of an inch for April ...)

Steve

Cricket

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Yesterday morning (at 9AM) there was ice in the hose from a 30° overnight low.

This morning, the low temperature was 45°. No clouds in the sky to the West, where the moon was shining brightly. Next to no wind ... However, this was the first morning above 40° for 2021!

I'm having a hard time figuring out this weather but there is rain in the forecast for the weekend. I'm sorry for those wanting to have something going outdoors but, Good Heavens, we need the rain! (Only 2" of water so far this year, and less than 1/10th of an inch for April ...)

Steve
Oh my yeah that's not much rain! We've had decent rain, but the temperatures have been all over! I'd love if it would straighten out and I could find some morels lol!! Man how I wish I could grow those!!!!

Latest posts