Waiting for baby bunnies...

wsmoak

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
If all goes as planned we should have babies tomorrow! She is looking decidedly FAT and has been ravenous lately. She did some initial work on her nest and pulled some fur, but then lost interest.

120905_6896 by wsmoak, on Flickr

(She is a Californian, just very faded from the hot summer.)

-Wendy

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
What did you breed her to?

Are you still doing the FWs? Or am I thinking of someone else?

wsmoak

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Jared77 said:
What did you breed her to?

Are you still doing the FWs? Or am I thinking of someone else?
She is bred to a Californian buck. I got both of them back in April, but by the time they were old enough to breed, it was insanely hot and I didn't want to risk losing her.

Must be someone else with the FW's. My Californians did come from Florida though. :D

Next up are some commercial NZW's, but they won't be old enough to breed until early December.

-Wendy

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Very cool! Sorry for the confusion. I'm anxious to hear how they weigh in.

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
wsmoak said:
. . . Next up are some commercial NZW's, but they won't be old enough to breed until early December. -Wendy
I have a new group of NZW, too. I have one doe who is expecting to deliver on Saturday or Sunday, one new young NZW buck, and two new young NZW does.

The older doe that is due on Saturday has not started to pull fur yet but she is getting very aggressive when I have my hands in the hutch. I've never had an aggressive doe like this before. Maybe it's time for my welding gloves. :)

wsmoak

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Nothing yet... but when I looked in on her just now I found her lying on her side, and I could see the babies moving under her fur. (Which is creepy and alien-invasion-like.)

This is her first litter so I'm watching to make sure she has them *in* the nest.

-Wendy

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
The babies will need to have alien names!

ET
Zartok
Vulcan
Romulan
Jaba the Hut
Space Ghost

Names like that

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The rex doe I got from a generous Rabbit Talk member is just getting old enough to breed but it's been too hot. I can't wait to see some rabbits in my grow out pen again. I lost a lot of time in the hospital and rehab but I hope to get going again if it ever cools off.

Latest posts