Wanted:Jerusilem Articoke tubers to plant...

mothergoose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Hello, i thought I would check here first, before I buy from a seed company. Does anyone have any Jerusilum articokes(sunchokes) tubers they would like to sell? I could also trade for seeds. I have a ridiculously huge seed collection. I am wanting to plant the sunchokes for our bees! :bee

Please let me know if you have any :fl

Thanks,
Christie :tools

mothergoose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have read they like sunflowers and this is in the sunflower family. It benefits me as well since I can eat the tubers too! I thought they might be fun to try. I will be using the bees as an excuss to plant quite a few things this year!!!
Christie :D

mothergoose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Lesa,

ALready have a bunch of borage seed started!! :bee

Any other plant sugestions for our winged friends?

Thanks,
Christie :tools

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a huge patch of sunchokes, and I would be happy to share Christie. Right now they're under a foot of snow, so .you'd have to wait for the ground to thaw.

mothergoose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thisle,
Snow...We sure did'nt see much of that this winter. Believe me, i am not complaining!!! I would love to have some and I will be glad to wait for your snow to melt. Just let me know what I owe you.
Thank you so much.

Lesa,
I have oregano in my herb garden too. It is already coming up too. I was out in the garden today to see what had started coming up since it has been unseasonably warm here. My rhubarb is coming up and my lemon balm and feverfew is up too. I really wanted to be out side today but that 40 mph wind was a real terror.
Keep the suggestions comin,
Christie :D

wsmoak

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Did you ever get your Jerusalem artichokes? We will be digging ours in the next couple of months (first frost is mid-November) and I'm sure we'll have tons. PM me if you still need some. (Or, if anyone else does, PM as well.) -Wendy

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
wsmoak said:
Did you ever get your Jerusalem artichokes? We will be digging ours in the next couple of months (first frost is mid-November) and I'm sure we'll have tons. PM me if you still need some. (Or, if anyone else does, PM as well.) -Wendy
I haven't seen Mothergoose on here lately, and I wasn't able to give her any after all...I had given away more than I thought I had, and my patch was pretty meager last spring.

Latest posts