WARNING!!!!! My lady friends

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
My DIL not only uses scented detergents, but she uses a scent booster thingy in her dryer, so all the grandbaby's clothes reek of perfume and it just can't get washed out! If we try to wash them in our washer, that scent gets in our dryer and all the clothes dried in the dryer for a few cycles all reek of that perfume too. She also burns candles and those scent things in her electric sockets. What's really weird is that she gags over changing her own child's diapers. o_O

Whatever happened to just smelling clean...like nothing? :hu
Imagine all that going into our lungs. :eek:

Mary

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
There is a kind of dryer sheet that has no scent at all; it's what I use. It's Bounce Free and Gentle. The box says it's hyperallergenic. @aftermidnight, what kind of dryer sheets was it that gave you the horrible reaction?
I agree on the over-perfumed laundry trend. My sis used some kind of highly scented stuff on sheets that bothered me so bad I couldn't sleep when I visited them. I had to cover the pillows with my clothing to block the smell a little. I never did tell Sis about it. She would have been mortified.
And the teenage boys drenching themselves in AXE. Makes me run the other way! Imagine being a teen girl and having a date show up reeking like that! Haha, I'd have to tell him to go take a shower then come back.
@so lucky

I tried Bounce, Cling Free and another one, can't remember the name, one you stuck on the inside of the dryer drum, I got the same reaction from all of them, I'm not about to try another one no matter how good they say it is.

Annette

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Next month, I start hanging the clothes outside, I have two retractable clothes lines, one on each side of the path up to my garden room. You just can't beat that clean smell and how nice they feel if there's a breeze. Although it's more work I still prefer the outdoors to the dryer. Some of the cities around here that have banned clotheslines are doing a bit of rethinking, it might be an energy saver, really, duh, :th. Not that it has anything to do with this thread but we are now allowed to keep 3 or 4 hens, no roosters , so that people who are struggling can have fresh eggs.

Annette

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Next month, I start hanging the clothes outside, I have two retractable clothes lines, one on each side of the path up to my garden room. You just can't beat that clean smell and how nice they feel if there's a breeze. Although it's more work I still prefer the outdoors to the dryer. Some of the cities around here that have banned clotheslines are doing a bit of rethinking, it might be an energy saver, really, duh, :th. Not that it has anything to do with this thread but we are now allowed to keep 3 or 4 hens, no roosters , so that people who are struggling can have fresh eggs.

Annette
That's great to hear Annette! Even having 3 chickens is good enough for a family.

Mary

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've been ignoring this thread since it obviously wasn't directed at me. But since the topic has changed, I'll chime in.

it is extremely difficult to get scent-free and dye-free (where appropriate) laundry detergent, dish-washing detergent, shampoo, or soap but I try. I've gotten some strange looks from ladies at the store when they want to help this old man as he reads labels and ask what I'm looking for. (I wear my wedding ring and often flash it to help keep me safe) They just don't understand why I don't want perfumes and dyes. I'm obviously one of those weirdos.

We don't use dryer sheets either. A lot of our laundry goes on a line outside, especially my stuff. A lot of hers goes on a drying rack in the bedroom. She wants to avoid pollen.

One of the strangest things I've seen lately is "gentle" bleach. My wife got it, that's not something I'd do. I don't know what that stuff is supposed to be good for, but it foams up! Bleach that foams! What kind of weird stuff does that have in it? I gave it away to a charity that accepts stuff like that (wither agreement, of course) and got a bottle of "bleach" bleach so I can sanitize things with confidence.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
And the teenage boys drenching themselves in AXE. Makes me run the other way! Imagine being a teen girl and having a date show up reeking like that! Haha, I'd have to tell him to go take a shower then come back.

My DH used to wear Axe before I got so chemically sick. I went to store one night to get him some and couldn't remember which one he wanted. Up walks a big burly man in camo, I asked if he wore the stuff. No was the answer, he was just getting deodorant. I sure didn't want to spray it on me, so I took his arm, pushed up his sleeve and sprayed him while he just stood there, stunned. "Ick, that stuff stinks! Don't you think it stinks?" as I shoved his arm under his nose. I grabbed another, and another, went up both arms on the poor guy and finally found one I liked. The man walked off, totally confused, wondering what just happened to him and probably trying to come up with a plausible story for his wife on just why he reeked of so many different "manly" smells. He didn't get his deodorant either. :lol:

Ray

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
That's why I don't trust stuff like that I'm so sorry that happened to you think it would have been less painful to use gas and matches by the sound of it ;) but at least now you have a weapon to use if someone crosses you remember revenge is best served hairless

Latest posts