We Almost Lost Parker

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
We did that with our dog when the kids were young. Problem was once he found one, he was done. Then second kid was disappointed as he always went for daughter first.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
He is a silly dog. He actually plays hide n' seek with our oldest grand daughter. I make him sit, I cover his eyes with my hands and start counting. He gets all excited and tries to peek, it's so funny. Then the "ready or not, here he comes!" And he takes off to go find her. Never had a dog that plays hide n' seek!

We did that with Jake and he tried to peek too! :gig We found out that dog has a NOSE! The boys would lay down false trails, backtrack and then hide in a tree, in an outbuilding, behind things, etc. Jake would take off running when I uncovered his head and would hit that scent mid-air and do a turn in the middle of a leap and find those boys with minimal trouble...fast as can be.

They say it's good to play such games with your dogs in case anyone ever needs to find you in an emergency situation they could use the dog to do so.

So glad he's home with his friends and I sure hope he never does that again!

Makes me feel blessed so far that Ben has not eaten anything yet that requires surgery...but it's definitely a possibility with him. He eats peaches, pits and all, chews up everything he finds, eats a whole squirrel without even really chewing it up...just mouths it a little until he can get it into his gullet and then swallows it whole...same with chicken's heads and feet. :sick

Latest posts