We are now a 2 freezer house

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
If it's any consolation, you can take the peppers, roast them on the grill until the skins turn black and burn off, scrape them and pack them into the pickling brine of your choice (our household uses a vinegar mix with thyme, salt, basil, garlic), then pour 1/4 inch of olive oil on top. Can as you usually would for pickles. Nice in January on a sandwich with farmhouse cheddar, or on leftover venison roast. That buys you a little bit of space. Peas, well, how much will you eat as a side dish really? Wouldn't you rather have split pea soup or something?

OK, maybe not.

Hey, it could be worse. Do you go fishing regularly? My chest freezer is already 1/3 full of bluegills, catfish, trout, pike, and a giant striper that someone gave me. Also chopped spinach, strawberries, "stir fry mix" (snow peas, small carrots, chopped kale), mulberries. Now I need to find room in our two freezers for seven turkeys, eight or nine chickens (depending on whether or not a co-worker wants "mutt" pullets or not), and what's the limit on deer in PA? DH is going hunting, and he's really quite a good shot...

Latest posts