We Feed the Hungry

The Mustard Seed Gardener

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hi all :frow

I just joined here today. I'm Barney on BYChickens and Chris aka Barney on BYCows. Thought I'd give this forum a try...it sounds like fun and a lot of good advice going around.

I run a feeding mission called The Mustard Seed Connection....We feed the hungry, lonely, less fortunate, shut ins and anyoneone else who walks through the door.

Our mission is based on donations, of food or money, and faithful volunteers. This Nov. will be our 7th Annivrsary!

We have acreage on our farm...some, just fields for hay. This year we plowed a field and planted many vegetables.
We have 100 tomato plants, 100 pepper plants, many squash, broccoli, cauliflour, cabbage, carrots, rows and rows of corn, beets, beans, onions spinach, potoatoes, peas, lettuce, cilantro, basil, chives,. We also have many apple, pear and plum trees. the season started out cool and we were worried about the crops. No need ...we are doing fine. Some had to be replanted...but that's ok. We'll feed until ther is no one left to feed!
I also have 11 chickens to round out the food chart buy giving us fresh eggs for our menus.... but our cows are pets! Things are good ! :tools

barefootgardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Welcome to the Easy Garden Forums Barney!!

What a wonderful and caring thing you and all your volunteers are doing for those who are less fortunate . It sound's like you have a great farm and are very blessed to be able to do all you do. I am glad your season is going so well and things are good for you.:)

Most gardeners/farmers I know are very giving generous people. They are always glad to share their bounty. I learned this from my grandparents....Plant enough row's to feed your family, then plant a few more to feed those in need. I have been planting extra for years and donate produce to senior centers , churches, soup kitchen's, neighbors etc... It's a great feeling:)

me&thegals

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
That's wonderful! Best of luck to you. It really seems to me that all gardeners are so generous!!

punkin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
:ya Welcome to TEG! If there were more people like you, no one would go hungry. Bless you for your efforts.

Nubsmum

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Welcome Mustard.:bouquet I am happy your cows are friends. :D

What a great thing you are doing regarding your large garden. You are blessing so many people.

You will like it here on this site as well. Lots of folks are "crossovers" Everyone is so nice to share ideas and tips. I am sorta new at gardening so I ask lots of questions and always get great ideas.

:frow

OaklandCityFarmer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Welcome to TEG!

I would love to know more about the farm and the work you guys do. It sounds great and very exciting! Good work you're doing there.

Latest posts