We sure could use some NyBoy humor in these trying times...

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think what we loved him so much for was his innocence. For instance; he bought a chainsaw, it got dull so he bought another one. He bought several, he didn't know he could buy a new chain. His nephew was delighted to take the "broken" chain saws off his hands. The things we take for granted, he just didn't know. Then he would tell on himself when he did something dumb and laugh good naturedly at himself. Sure miss him. :rainbowflower
OH! Thanks for reminding me of that one! The number 5 or 6 come to mind with the chainsaws.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think what we loved him so much for was his innocence. For instance; he bought a chainsaw, it got dull so he bought another one. He bought several, he didn't know he could buy a new chain. His nephew was delighted to take the "broken" chain saws off his hands. The things we take for granted, he just didn't know. Then he would tell on himself when he did something dumb and laugh good naturedly at himself. Sure miss him. :rainbowflower

that must have been before my time as i don't recall that one. omg...

he really propped up that nephew so i hope the nephew is managing ok without him now and the rest of his family.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Before my time too. I had to take a couple of years off of all of my forums. Too much personal bs in my own life to try to be sociable online at the time.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today I was weeding the flower beds and admiring the Hosta, he gushed about so much I bought two! Trying to remember the name. A bright yellow/green leaf with red stem. :rainbowflower (I will have to get a photo of it to show.) And remember the apple press ? He was going to chuck it in the pond in his frustration. It is my hubbies now. ( I had mentioned how much B. wanted one. ) He sent it to us! Just the way he was. All heart. :love
Edit the above. The Hosta is called Fire Island. Here is a photo showing mine. ( mixed with some dead nettle from @thistlebloom )
100_4063.JPG

Latest posts