Weather Where You Are

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
B9DE9A1D-A751-4BCD-BFCE-5F289B1BED35.jpeg
Perfect 72* weather. Thought monarchs were done but nope. Found 2 caterpillars.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rain yesterday; sleet, a passing blizzard, and gusty winds today. The weather forecaster gave us a "slight chance" of both, they continue to under-estimate our precipitation. :barnie The October "Indian summer" is a no-show this year - and that is when I would normally put my garlic in. No dry spell for over 6 weeks. Temps are dropping & the ground is still too wet to till, I'm running out of time. The forecast now says no more rain until next Saturday... I hope that's true, but after the last two months, my optimism is waning.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rain yesterday; sleet, a passing blizzard, and gusty winds today. The weather forecaster gave us a "slight chance" of both, they continue to under-estimate our precipitation. :barnie The October "Indian summer" is a no-show this year - and that is when I would normally put my garlic in. No dry spell for over 6 weeks. Temps are dropping & the ground is still too wet to till, I'm running out of time. The forecast now says no more rain until next Saturday... I hope that's true, but after the last two months, my optimism is waning.

Could you plant them in containers outside? Garlic is such a tough plant. I have been known to plant in November with a pick to make holes in frozen soil. They grew and did fine in spite of my less than stellar gardening. :hide

Latest posts