Weather Where You Are

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
At 9:00 this morning it is 79 degrees with a projected high of 86. Dew point 73.

It will be interesting to see when or even if I get a killing frost this year. When I lived down here before I was on the other side of the river where the micro-climate may have been a bit cooler. Most years there I did get a killing frost, not sure what will happen over here.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rain & sleet going through here tonight. This may be the last precipitation for awhile, the 10-day forecast shows a drying trend. :fl As saturated as the soil already is, it will take at least a week for it to dry out enough to cultivate. I hope the forecast holds, the planting window for my garlic is getting pretty narrow, and it would be a shame to waste the 13 varieties I purchased this year. Seed garlic ain't cheap.

thejenx

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This past week we had beautiful weather, sunny, dry and 24C / 75F in the afternoon. During the evening it was still nice outside, a return to summer!

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major you don't have a generator ? Harbor freight has a small one for $99 keep your water on.

i keep telling myself to get one ,but that just never happens. we are on a pretty reliable power grid. we my loss power for a couple hours here and there.. so it's hard to justify buying one that might sit around for a couple years and never need it...

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I broke down and bought one a couple years ago that will power several circuits in the house (house has a cutoff switch). I haven't needed it for a power outage yet.. :fl But it has come in handy in a couple of situations when I needed power in a remote spot in the yard for a while.

Latest posts