Weather Where You Are

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh My Goodness! How scary for all. Sending prayers these fires will be under control & out out soon. Praying for safety of firefighters and all in the path of the fires.
Hang in there, I'm willing with all my heart you'll be safe. Jesus is not coming for you yet because you have work to do on this miserable earth.
I'm so sad that I've heard nothing of other countries offering any support and deeply ashamed especially of my country not coming forward first. I only wish I could help.
@Rhodie Ranch

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@digitS'

You all can only imagine what its been like here for three days. Lets just say that when David Muir on ABC news last nite leads with Medford OR, its major news. Half of Phoenix is gone, prob 70% of Talent is gone. Then an hour after I got gas at Costco and then dropped of two bags of toiletries to the Expo (fair grounds next to Medford) a huge fire broke out there. New Costco is still standing. Planes dropped retardant around the Expo cus there are over 1000 ppl there and no where to take them, much less what to take them in. "Central Point fire"

Obenchain fire right behind Eagle Point, my town, is going to decimate Shady Cove and Trail. Its at 50K acres so far. Power outages galore. All of Medford and surrounding communities are ordered to turn off all exterior water cus the demand for fire fighting is extreme. Huge airplanes dropping red retardant all day yesterday. Too smokey to fly so far this morning, even for the lead small plane which the huge plane follows to know where to drop.

I'm becoming an expert in fires (jk). Rim fire in Yosemite. Butte fire in Mountain Ranch. Taylor Creek fire in Grants Pass. Now these fires.

Lots of oregon is lost east of Salem and Eugene too. Entire towns toasted. hundreds of thousands of acres now crispy.

Humidity for three days has been in the single digits.

I told my ex (who is back with me) that if Jesus is coming, I want to be able to cling to him while the world ends.
I hope the fires stay away from you and that you are safe. 2011 was a fire year for Texas. We were in a 2 year drought, 60 straight days of over 100 degrees and hundreds of fires. My heart goes out to those displaced by the fires and those who have lost their homes.

Wait, your ex is back with you?

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay: Yes, Seems the grass was not greener on the other side. Even after the rushed divorce by him, which finalized on Feb 14, 2019. He came back in the summer of 2019, after his "love of his life" used, abused, ran up his credit cards, and then up and died of cancer.

Haven't you ever wondered where the soap operas get their material?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
My momma always said, There’s no fool like an old fool.

If you are happy, then I am happy for you. You must be or you wouldn’t have taken him back.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay: Yes, Seems the grass was not greener on the other side. Even after the rushed divorce by him, which finalized on Feb 14, 2019. He came back in the summer of 2019, after his "love of his life" used, abused, ran up his credit cards, and then up and died of cancer.

Haven't you ever wondered where the soap operas get their material?
Karma?

Mary

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
well, that lightning storm i reported on here last month made fires that are still burning. it finally cooled off some...but we've traded hotville for Mars. The sky!I'm used to red or yellow sky from fires, but infrared? oh, and that mendocino complex fire, burning and merging since august 16 am, is working on surrounding my old digs up at lake pillsbury..

I drove out to bodega bay, went to the bodega dunes campground, and saw smoke right down to the ocean. waves splashing in smoke from a fire 100 miles away. never saw that before.

reminds me of the late carboniferous! the world was so covered with plants, the heavier atmosphere got up to 35% oxygen. chemists can tell by isotopes in the coal. o2 would get to a threshold, then boom, worldwide forest fires.

Latest posts