Weather Where You Are

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
So does this mean a tornado coming near?
So we have a Tor-Con of 9 today. That means a 90% chance of a tornado coming within 50 miles of you. Normally we start paying attention around 2 or 3. I cannot remember a 9. We have had 13 tornado touchdowns according to the very attractive weather person on the weather nation channel.

Last edited:

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@Ridgerunner I’m good here! We had a couple of warnings last night but I think they lifted not long before they got to us. Some family in the Gardendale area lost some trees but no damage to their house.
I think @Dirtmechanic is okay too. The watches were listed about an hour after we last heard from him. The second line wasn’t as bad here as they expected and blew through pretty quickly.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Ridgerunner I’m good here! We had a couple of warnings last night but I think they lifted not long before they got to us. Some family in the Gardendale area lost some trees but no damage to their house.
I think @Dirtmechanic is okay too. The watches were listed about an hour after we last heard from him. The second line wasn’t as bad here as they expected and blew through pretty quickly.
The best storms are the ones that do not live up to expectations. We did lose a large terra cotta pot to a dropping limb but 3 inches of rain will do that by itself sometimes around here. I heard last night that no one died. I hope that is still found true this morning. The National Weather Services is on the Alabama survey task this morning. The news report said they expect to find that 15-20 tornadoes were produced by this storm system.

Latest posts