Weather Where You Are

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We are puffing and blowing hot air collectively to keep the ice off of us. Maybe it is working.
LJ37HHWSANDJNJQUJVYPXXBBIE.png

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
That looks like a forecast, not something that has happened. Be interesting to see how close they come to guessing right.

Kind of interested in how close they guess down here too. Might say even more interested. Currently they are talking something solid north and west of me but no frozen precipitation here. The latest I saw was that I would have 14 hours below freezing with a low of 24 F (-4 for Marie). Rain starts tonight , maybe 1/2", but stops Monday afternoon in time for me to put dry sheets over the plants I want to protect. My exposed water pipes are wrapped with one spigot I use to water the dogs and rinse off veggies to do. It will be cold Monday afternoon but I'll manage to finish protecting everything.

My cars will stay in the driveway Tuesday (Mardi Gras) until the ice melts. That should not take long but we won't be out shopping Mardi Gras Day anyway.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is an Amazon food delivery service for phone in orders to deliver one's groceries in Portland, Ore. 2 days ago the large snowfall and 26* temperatures, caused the electric power lines to fall, next their generators failed... resulting in the MILLION $$$ loss of everything in their freezers, cold storage as well as other nearby shelf products . Crews sent the spoiled food into dumpsters, when they were almost done, power lines restored and delivery trucks started to arrive with new food products to be placed into freezers and coolers ready to be shipped out to customers.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Respect the Polygon.

edit: I need a tornado count. 2 hours in, something like 6? or when they go back up then down are they a new tornado?

Edit: Birmingham sits in what is called Jones Valley. These particular strong winds are coming as they will when travelling up the valley. I hope not because those have a history of being very strong, f3-f5.

Last edited:

Latest posts