Garden Master
Reaction score
This was yesterday. Colder today!
50494725_10155863619895079_5571197242955530240_n.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm looking now and then ..

. how places like Texas and Oklahoma have colder weather than here!

Northern Maine has just set a snowfall record ( @buckabucka )! This location is further north than any point in Maine, and yet ... a little snow comes, a little snow goes, a little snow comes, a little snow goes, a little snow comes, a ...

Steve

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thought about making bacon this morning then saw the temp sitting at -18. Nope. I make it outside on the sideburner of my grill.

Surprisingly my chickens were up and munching on some food a little bit.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
while the sun is out i'm trying to get the sun to help burn off the ice on the driveway. i'm worried that someone will slip (me or Mom or some visitor). we don't have any sand or ice-melt stuff handy until we can get out to the store so instead i'm sweeping the little snow off that is there each day and letting the sun work on it. not going fast, but maybe by spring... :) in the meantime due for a fresh pile of snow starting Monday. and wind and colder. aka. normal mid-winter things other than this ice, normally i get the snow off the drive before it can turn to ice. not this time.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I told DW that we were going to pay a price for our warm December...

Saturday morning was -23 F., and we never got above 0. It only reached low single digit temps today. Big snow storm on the way, expected to begin late tonight... then more sub-zero temps in mid-week. Forecast has us getting below -20 again, probably close to -25. Winters like this are the reason I laugh at those who say our hardiness zones have changed. Can't wait to see what Febrrrrruary brings. (this is is not a happy dance, its me trying to stay warm :weee)

Latest posts