Weather Where You Are

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
100 here today and the smoke has arrived down into the Rogue Valley...a wildfire just an 1.5 hours north of me along I5 freeway. Early indications says homeless camp started it last night. They've already got an air attack on it.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@digitS' acclimation... when i lived in TN i had a tiny fan and that was enough for me. the guy upstairs ran his AC all summer. i am a firm believer that one should be warm in the summer. Mom is not. i am not acclimating as well as i would like this year, but surviving so far. back to hot and humid this weekend and then back to cooler during the week. funny how this timing keeps working out.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i'm so glad to hear the little pitter-patter of rain drops. i did water the beans this morning but some more water won't hurt them. everything else i planned on watering tomorrow morning but if we get enough rain i can do something else. :)

it has been a while now without significant rain fall. funny how this year went from way too much rain to hardly any at all in a short period of time.

[edit: i heard it rain a few times before i fell asleep and Mom said there was quite a storm which i think i heard one lightning/thunder. so a good chance i won't need to water for a few more days. *whew* :) ]

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
cooler for the past few days, then will be back to the mid to upper 80s and clear the rest of the week. a few good rains so i don't need to water until tomorrow and that is just because i like to keep some water perking down in the clay if there aren't regular rains and it is getting hot on those days and the tomato plants have some pretty big tomatoes on them so need that water to keep plumping them up more.

should be able to get some weeding done today. :)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
oh wow! that would be a trip to do half asleep and that early in the dark/dawn.

Believe me, I was awake! that first crash of thunder and the thought of that expensive stack of hay being ruined swept all sleepiness away.
I wore my trusty headlamp, and it was adventurous wondering if I might get struck being so close to metal corral panels, haha.

Latest posts