Weather Where You Are

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
The curved plastic shovels with a metal edge work well for the fluffy snow... you can quickly run back & forth, plowing to the outside. But I keep a heavy coal shovel for shoveling slush, or breaking up caked or compacted snow. Refried snow (melted & refrozen) is the worst.
Ooops... I said the "s" word, gotta go suck on an ice cube now. :duc To judge by our early start, I'll probably be using that word a lot this winter.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's about 60 F this morning and is supposed to stay right at 60 all day. I'm debating if I need long sleeve or stay in short sleeves when I go out, I'll probably stay in short sleeves. We are forecast to see our first frost/light freeze next Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, around 30 F. I hope that's far enough in the future that they have it wrong.

:tongue

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
The ONLY annuals that haven't wilted to pieces are my 18 inch tall Bright Lights Swiss Chard, that I planted bc they are pretty and they are 4 ft from the west foundation of the house. GO FIGURE!!! Everything else is dead as a door nail. I covered my Brussels Sprouts with heavy plastic and started their "greenhouse" construction. I found an old door, which had been repaired with plywood and I would never use again, and put that And an 18 inch wide piece of plywood on the north side of the bed to stop the north winds. I don't have enough excess wood to finish the project, DH wants to hit Lowe's on Sunday, so we will take his truck in and I can get what I need.
This is a Real seat-of-your-pants project and will look like a "greenhouse slum" when finished, but will be yet aGAIN one of my experiments.
Pictures to follow on my Duck's Ragtag...thread.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
This map, predicting departure from normal for Tuesday, wow. It's stunning!

EI6tjXIVUAAixCn.png
click to enlarge

Steve

Latest posts