Weather Where You Are

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@digitS' they got us down for 11F this coming Tuesday evening. that qualifies as a definite brr! for this time of the year. :( oh well, i can figure out something to do inside if i have to.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
And, straight across the continent from you, @Beekissed ...

I'll make a prediction: @Rhodie Ranch will have a record high on Tuesday 🙃 .

Average highs here but DD is in the Dallas Texas area. We shared, it was warmer here yesterday afternoon than where she is. Repeat: it's very dry but a normal high here near the 49th parallel.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@digitS' they got us down for 11F this coming Tuesday evening...
We nearly moved to Alturas California when I was a kid. The family went down to look at a ranch - it is not all that far from the Oregon border.

It was 5°f, about a week ago in Alturas. Dry air -- thankfully, we have a chance for rain, today.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
We nearly moved to Alturas California when I was a kid. The family went down to look at a ranch - it is not all that far from the Oregon border.

It was 5°f, about a week ago in Alturas. Dry air -- thankfully, we have a chance for rain, today.

Steve

must have been up in the hills a ways! brr. it isn't going to be dry here. already snowing this morning, drizzle/rain tomorrow.

Prairie Rose

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
They are calling for half an inch of snow here monday, with lows in the lower teens. I will to make sure I have the woodbox in the house filled when I come home from work tomorrow. Really wish I could cuddle up and stay home those days, but it is not to be.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@flowerbug , was the name Alturas something of a giveaway regarding altitude (4,000+ ft) ;).

It's on the Modoc Plateau. The Lava Beds are a part of this area. We have to all hope that it doesn't get any higher. BOOM!

Google has some nice pictures of Modoc County. Pronghorns! Doing an image search for that county is fun: https://www.google.com/imghp?hl=en

Steve

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
@digitS' Yes, its been warm during the days all week long! 70 or so. And NO RAIN. The Medford paper (on line free) today said that November is one of the wettest months for the Rogue Valley and we've got NOTHING in sight for the next 10 day forecast. An extended forcast says that there is a very slight chance of some drizzle on Nov 22nd. I had to turn the sprinklers and drips back on. sob.....

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Very cold here, it was 11 F. degrees when I left for work Friday. At least it is finally calm, though; the lake is smooth as glass. Of course, that is because it has already frozen over! 1573344534148.gifThat usually doesn't happen until December. It got above freezing today, though... so went to get a car wash, waiting in line behind the two dozen other drivers with the same idea.

Latest posts