Weather Where You Are

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Quite some time ago, I began to suspect something about the public relations efforts of both the Weather Service and television companies.

I think that they receive lots more criticism when outdoor activities are spoiled by weather conditions and their forecasts were off. Being off by even a little might encourage many of us, especially on weekends to risk an anticipated getaway. Yay! They said only a 20% ... let's go!

So, weekend forecasts become exaggerated to the negative, I came to suspect. These days, jobs so often have many of us working on Saturdays and Sundays, there may be an easing of this forecaster survival tendency.

Now, these weather problems have different meanings in households with school children and especially if both parents work ...

Steve

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Haha @flowerbug They have been trying to hype us up about a winter weather advisory for the last 1.5 days (because they have had to keep bumping it ahead), and it expires in 2 hours and still none of the promised snow. The national weather service just isn't accurate enough to get that excited about weather before it even gets here!
Pretty much the same here. We go a dusting of snow each of the last 2 predictions of 2 inches, now it is sleet turning to rain, so it wont even stay. They keep showing up to a foot in your area for today!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pretty much the same here. We go a dusting of snow each of the last 2 predictions of 2 inches, now it is sleet turning to rain, so it wont even stay. They keep showing up to a foot in your area for today!

i see clouds/rain moving this way so perhaps we'll pick up some from this too. we don't have much on the ground now., but it is better than nothing.

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
It's raining! "New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible."

I'm happy with anything! Altho ... the 3/100's of an inch of July rain really, passed unnoticed :rolleyes:.

Looking at Environment Canada radar map last night, I thought that the little storm in south central BC was likely to just swirl above the border and maaybe, slide into Montana. No. It slid further south first!

Steve :frow
I'm in the Philippines.. it warm to scorching hot here where I'm at. so we have limited plants to grow..

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
they did call off school. *shakes my head* i guess they figure we aren't going to have any more so they want to use them up? i dunno. it makes no sense to me. it wasn't even windy and we only had a few inches of snow. the roads are fine.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hmmm
Screenshot_20200210-124455_resize_33.jpg

Latest posts