Weather Where You Are

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our temps dropped too, but not as dramatic. Highs and lows for a couple of days are now in the 50's and 40's, only a 20 degree drop. I'll tough it through somehow.

All joking aside it has been pleasant down here. That rough weather passed to the north of us. No severe weather and very little rain.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
We had steady snow and deteriorating roads Wednesday afternoon through Thursday morning. No wind, then blowing and drifting yesterday. I Knew that our town's streets wouldn't get plowed, so we elected to stay home yesterday. Had to drag a limb from a pine tree north of the house that had snapped off, so we used the tractor. Always new things to learn, such as how you can lose traction when there is ice underneath the snow. Still, we got the job done. Wind chills yesterday afternoon were about 10-20 degrees below zero. -4 air temperature this morning, but it will be calm and 19 degrees by mid afternoon. Wish I could have stopped to take some pictures of both a pond and a stream that had frozen over then snowed on and glittered with ice crystals. I am afraid those scenes will be gone this afternoon. :hit
Too cold to cry about it.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
We had steady snow and deteriorating roads Wednesday afternoon through Thursday morning. No wind, then blowing and drifting yesterday. I Knew that our town's streets wouldn't get plowed, so we elected to stay home yesterday. Had to drag a limb from a pine tree north of the house that had snapped off, so we used the tractor. Always new things to learn, such as how you can lose traction when there is ice underneath the snow. Still, we got the job done. Wind chills yesterday afternoon were about 10-20 degrees below zero. -4 air temperature this morning, but it will be calm and 19 degrees by mid afternoon. Wish I could have stopped to take some pictures of both a pond and a stream that had frozen over then snowed on and glittered with ice crystals. I am afraid those scenes will be gone this afternoon. :hit

if you did that would make your own glitters! :)

nice and sunny today, very cold, it's ok, winter is supposed to be cold...

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I sooo do not miss that at all. My thoughts this afternoon were cast upon the fescue grass and how it needs cutting this weekend!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
weather forecast for next Tuesday:

A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50.

hmm...

it is brightsnowing right now (horizontal snow, not too many local clouds) the temps are going into the teens overnight for a few evenings first.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Still snowing. 2+” stuck so far as most melted. Tonight suppose to be winds to relocate it.

Latest posts