Weather Where You Are

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
We've had a lot of welcomed rain the past few days, no rain at all today. Apparently it is going to be hot tomorrow with high pollen. Must remember to put the coconut oil on and around my nose, this really has helped me with pollen and helps my skin with the sun.

if there is a lot of pollen in the air when i come back inside i wash my face, rinse out my eyes and nose and wipe down my hair (if i've not been wearing a hat) with a damp rag. this really helps (i don't have to take any medications and i don't get sinus infections like i used to get each spring).

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
We got about an inch and a quarter of rain last night, that we very much needed. The high for the next two days is about 80 degrees, upper 50s at night. If all of summer could be this way it would be perfect, lol.

we could use a bit more rain, but the cooler temperatures are so great!

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It has been a really hot day for the uk and is 29 right now. We are in for a hot night, so have the fan on. Have a good morning day or night, where ever you all are :love

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I took my temperature gadget outside and put it on the window sill it hit 50 plus so had to give up and come inside. I think they're say 27 here. All I know is you could cook a cake out there today. Excuse me I'm going to crawl into my fridge for a couple of hours 🔥

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Marie2020 ,

Yesterday, I texted my son that it was 32°C with a 40 km/hour wind. He said that this was better than 40°C with a 32 km/hour wind ...

Only, we used British Empire measures for: 90°F with a 25 mph wind ;).

BTW, just to inform him of the extremities of the situation, I pointed out that this would be a "Red Flag Day," if it occurs in another month. For the Weather Service, that means that there would be extreme fire danger. Of course, that will occur during Summer several times and with higher heat and wind :hide.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
great to have some rain last night, puddles so it was more than a little. the rain gauge says 1/2 inch, but i think it was a bit more than that because of the puddles. either way, welcomed by me. don't have to water today or tomorrow at least. no rain in the forecast the rest of the week though and up to the high 80sF and perhaps low 90sF.

humid out there now and warming up enough it is time for puttering inside and perhaps siesta.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Showers again :).

I was thinking of commenting on the thread from the eastern Montana gardener about the thunderstorms across that big state. A lot has been going on, now and yesterday. She hasn't been back visiting for a month and might be distracted, today.

I'm not sure if the huge circle of storms hasn't been more dramatic in the southern Idaho mountains. They are circling back but some heading into Canada. Getting the jump of a week before the 4th doesn't look like it was a very good idea for Yellowstone visitors or for those to Glacier National Park, 500 miles north.

Okay for flash flooding, as best as I know. Not much rain here. The question that occurs to me is re: dry tender in the mountains and all the lightning strikes ⛈. If we get outta this okay, it's just with the appreciation that it is still June.

Steve