Weather Where You Are

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It's 20 here according to the forecast but it feels a lot hotter. It started cloudy but the sun is out and to me it feels much hotter.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
One link too updates I can find

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Marie2020 , my son lives in Portland and sent me a picture of rain falling in his backyard. It was really coming down there for awhile. The ground becomes exposed with fires. The fire crews with their machinery can really tear up an area. Messed up creeks and rivers are a result.

It makes me wonder about the Sacramento River flood plain in California. With decades of attempted containment, what will all that silt washing down from the burned ground do? The Sierra Mountains are famous for tremendous snowfall levels. All that snowmelt doesn't just disappear.

The Pacific Northwest rain should help and the air definitely cleared. I can hardly believe that it rates Good here, this morning. Maybe I can once again spend some time in the garden - severely neglected through the smoky days last week.

I wrote about my disappointment with the local absence of rain. You can see that in the Discombobulated thread.

Steve

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
i tink we got frosted last night... :(

yesterday i didn't check the weather forecast and i wouldn't have believed it anyways with how badly they've been in accuracy this season.

a friend called to say that we should cover the gardens, but we have way too many and most of everything is done except whatever beans were going to need to finish up and i couldn't get all those covered either.

will be interesting to see what survives and continues and what doesn't.
I think you Did get frost. We got down to 40 degrees Saturday morning, and you are 2 zones further north of us.

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We definitely had a frost both last night and the night before (here in Vermont), and this morning there was a thin layer or ice on the dogs' outdoor water bucket. It's cold today with a biting wind that makes this sunny day feel much colder still.

Stay safe from the fires, Marie2020. The devastation on the west coast looks absolutely terrible.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think you Did get frost. We got down to 40 degrees Saturday morning, and you are 2 zones further north of us.

a lot of the plants that were alive are dead now so for sure we did get it, but the ice in the birdbaths was also a good indicator and the white fringe on the creeping thyme... :) the climbing plants seem to have not minded as much. we have a week of sunshine and mid-70s so this will be good bean finishing weather and also for getting other things done.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We definitely had a frost both last night and the night before (here in Vermont), and this morning there was a thin layer or ice on the dogs' outdoor water bucket. It's cold today with a biting wind that makes this sunny day feel much colder still.

Stay safe from the fires, Marie2020. The devastation on the west coast looks absolutely terrible.
I'm in uk, but got worried for my online friends so keeping an eye on the situation as best as I can and sharing the information hopefully to help a little. :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tropical storm Beta is causing flooding in Houston.

It's on a crawl along the Texas Gulf Coast ..

. on its way to where Hurricane Laura ripped through Louisiana 4 weeks ago (?!).

Steve

Latest posts