Weather Where You Are

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not sure how bad Beta is hurting people. A slow moving rainmaker can cause a lot of damage. The people up where Laura hit sure don't need more.

I've been the target for four different named storms this year at some point. That was all a few days before they hit somewhere. Every one of them missed me. That's how uncertain these forecasts can be, even just a couple of days out. You can't be complaisant and let your guard down if it is anywhere close. Beta has never been projected to come here and it hasn't. I don't expect it to any any dangerous form. But I've gotten more rain out of Beta than any of the other four. Not complaining, we could use the rain.

I'm not sure if what I'm seeing this morning is from Beta or just some weather coming in from Florida. I'll call it a mizzle. Heavier than a mist but not up to drizzle standards. I have another day or two of wet weather forecast then it is supposed to dry out. It's kind of cool too, lows down in the lower 70's. Supposed to get down in the 60's in a few days. Hopefully cool enough overnight for tomatoes to start setting on again.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is clean and raining now, but this is what the smoke was like just a few days ago.
IMG_7071.JPG

For reference, same spot no smoke:
IMG_1712.JPG

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Very cool last half of September. According to the Farmer's Almanac~
Cooler than normal September, 2020,

Septembertemperature 60° (2° below avg.)
precipitation 3.5" (1" below avg.)
Warmer than normal October.

Octobertemperature 57° (5° above avg.)
precipitation 2" (0.5" below avg.)

High on Saturday, 87 degrees F.
Go figure.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dog gone it, @Rhodie Ranch . I guess that I won't be sending a happy note to my southern Oregon cousin about the rain. I saw the radar map and could see that it had rained.

Here, we had 0.13". (Do you suppose that they rounded-up from .125 ;)?) A whole 1/8th of an inch. But Yes! The air is so fresh :).

I have been out washing off the house walls with the hose. Oh Yuck. Smoky Ashy Dusty Water.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
really nice here. rain now appearing in the forecast for Saturday evening and through at least the early part of next week. temperature is going from low 80s to low 60s. well, it's been nice to be warm again. :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
now they've given us a whole nother day of no rain with the forecast so we'll see how that turns out. goes from 78 tomorrow down to 53 later this week with the overnight temps going down into the high 30s again. this may be the last day we see 80F for the season. we'll see.

no matter what it is bean pickin' weather today and tomorrow.