Weather Where You Are

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Aft er 31 yesterday morning, low tomorrow will be 57. I bought myself a 2 week window for my peppers and tomatoes by covering them. I WILL do this again.
Funny, friend said a co worker was throwing sheets out on her Lawn Sunday night, yes, the lawn.
Annual flowers suffered but they were close to the garage and didn't die, including the amaryllis.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the warning Bay but actually I had noticed. I do appreciate the thought though, Bay and Ducks. I topped off the wife's car yesterday and got a bag of dog food. We did our weekly grocery shopping yesterday, a day early, but the only thing extra was a bag of my wife's bread to freeze. I'll top my car off today, then wait to see what the forecasts show to do anything else. I should be able to finish up everything else in about an hour.

This is the fifth time this year that one of these things was forecast to hit New Orleans. That was yesterday morning when the expected track passed just a couple of miles to my west. For the fifth time it looks like this one will also miss me, though I'm on the dirty side of this one. It's still early days, the forecast will continue to change. This morning's projected landfall is about 60 miles west of where it was 24 hours ago. That means some rain and 40 mph winds for me. Inconvenient but survivable.

This one will hurt somebody. Winds will still be strong enough to do a lot of damage even if it weakens as they predict. It's going to cause storm surge, not a good time to be on the coast. It's going to dump a lot of rain so danger of flash flooding but at least it's fast moving. That means less flash flooding.

From what I know right now I'm not worried about me or my kids that live in this general area. We'll be OK. It looks like it will hit not that far from where Laura hit, the last thing those folks need, Right now that's where my prayers are headed.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Louisiana has been hammered this year. People haven’t even had a chance to clean up before here comes another one! Enough already!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
gah! i don't know why i keep letting the weather service sucker me the way they have been this season. the past few days the weather forecast hasn't had any rain in it at all (it still doesn't), but it has rained three times this night. good thing i don't have any important plans for the day and it won't really change much of what i'm doing, but why do i still look?

Latest posts