Weather Where You Are

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have had crazy up and down temps. Today may reach 70 again but strong winds bringing in a cold front with chance of light rain and SNOW mix overnight! Our sunrise and sunsets are still being colored by Smoke from the west. Praying the fire will soon be out.
121486157_4945345125476404_6954046556236878532_o.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Carol Dee , that is a pretty picture :). I'm tempted to Photoshop the silhouette of the corn onto the pictures of sunsets DD just sent me where her neighborhood's rooftops kinda spoil her backyard view ;).

whoopie. That large storm that came into No CA and southern OR, produced 0.16" of rain for our area. Its been heading north easterly as of yesterday afternoon.

Guess I can't turn off the sprinklers yet. Phooey...
I have been watching your weather lately, Rhodie. You aren't catching our breaks. It's sprinkling again this morning and rainfall totals may actually reach 1" ... That is since the 10th so it's taken over a week of several sprinkles to arrive at 1". Of course, the temperatures in the 50's and 40's has really lowered the late-season fire dangers, apparently even during a couple of windstorms.

I'm certainly hoping that you don't have any windstorms. Medford has had almost exactly the same precipitation as here since January 1 but that doesn't mean much. The dry weather continues for you and the natural environment is suffering. The forests 800 miles south are a little different from here. I wonder about your oak and madrone. What happens to the myrtle when the evergreens around them go up in flames?

You aren't even in California! @ninnymary needs to be shoo-ing some Pacific moisture to the east and north. What good are melting ice caps ..?

Steve

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Plenty of off-and-on rainfall here (about every other day) but nothing substantial. Which is not a bad thing, since the ground is dry & I will be planting garlic tomorrow. We've had several frosts, the one last night got down to 32 F., and killed almost everything. A hard freeze tonight (mid-20's) will finish the job. I moved all of the peppers & green tomatoes from my unheated patio, to the garage (where it won't freeze until mid-November). Snow possible here next week.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Carol Dee , that is a pretty picture :). I'm tempted to Photoshop the silhouette of the corn onto the pictures of sunsets DD just sent me where her neighborhood's rooftops kinda spoil her backyard view ;).

I have been watching your weather lately, Rhodie. You aren't catching our breaks. It's sprinkling again this morning and rainfall totals may actually reach 1" ... That is since the 10th so it's taken over a week of several sprinkles to arrive at 1". Of course, the temperatures in the 50's and 40's has really lowered the late-season fire dangers, apparently even during a couple of windstorms.

I'm certainly hoping that you don't have any windstorms. Medford has had almost exactly the same precipitation as here since January 1 but that doesn't mean much. The dry weather continues for you and the natural environment is suffering. The forests 800 miles south are a little different from here. I wonder about your oak and madrone. What happens to the myrtle when the evergreens around them go up in flames?

You aren't even in California! @ninnymary needs to be shoo-ing some Pacific moisture to the east and north. What good are melting ice caps ..?

Steve
Steve, for now we need to keep that Pacific moisture to help with our fires. But smoke has been cleared for at least a week so maybe things are getting better or under control.

Mary

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
it did get colder here the other day but not quite down to flakes when it was raining. more rains too so i'm avoiding working out back at the moment and getting the north garden put up instead since it isn't as much clay and drains better.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
more rain the past few days, last night and now this morning again. i'm glad i've been able to get outside the few breaks we've had in the rains to get some things done in the gardens. the sump pump has been running. which isn't common unless it's rained pretty heavy for several days in a row.

Latest posts