Weather Where You Are

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow :frow

We had another dump of snow overnight & during the morning, about 4" -- not much by your standards but enough to cause real problems here as it is falling onto frozen icy ground. So everyone is being very cautious getting about. They only reopened the schools on Monday.......!!

Luckily I managed to get a delivery of chicken feed yesterday -- such a relief as the situation was getting worrying. I had ordered it before Christmas but they could not get their transport out of the yard because of the deep frozen snow. We really are not used to these condition here in the south of the UK.

The chickens got a bonus ration last night & this morning.....!! :lol:

Keep warm & safe everyone! :hugs

:rose Hattie :rose

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Stay warm Hattie I am overwhelmed by your weather this year

we are in a swamp and I am depressed and feeling helpless about Haiti

that country does not get a break

so tragic 4 hurricanes what 2 years ago 4 in 1 season ..now this

omg they had all these grassroots projects going on ..mango trees to help rebuild and renew

I can not get my mind off the people of Haiti and their dire situation ..I feel so freaking helpless as I look out my own window today

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Heidi it is very upsetting for sure. I was just telling my kids today that they have no idea how lucky they are to have what they have.
All the things my kids take for granted, a warm bath, heat in their house, warm clothes, food, a bed to sleep in, an education and people that love them are luxuries for way too many others in the world.
My oldest kids spend part of every summer on church mission trips to a third world country so they know what life is like for others, but its too easy for younger ones to forget to count their blessings.
I don't freak them out about it but every so often I gently remind them of their blessings.
It definitely hurts your heart to see others in the world hurting.
Bless them all.

As for the weather here, still very cold and the snow is still on the ground but its suppose to get up to 49 this weekend.

Latest posts